PARTIAL SAMPLE OF PROJECTS In Development
Texas A&M Innovation Plaza | Texas Medical Center | Houston, TX
Texas A&M University System selected Medistar via RFP for the Public-Private Partnership ("P3") development and activation of TAM's new landmark campus at the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas. Complementing Texas A&M's flagship Engineering Medicine ("EnMed") Building and adjacent to METRO's TMC Station for bus and light rail, Medistar's development program creates a vibrant, safe, secure, connected and welcoming environment for the TAM campus community and visitors alike.
Groundbreaking for the 19-story, 714-bed Life Tower (student housing), 13-story parking garage, retail and plaza is scheduled for 3Q2020 for delivery on June 2022. The 17-story, 485,000 square foot Horizon Tower (life sciences, biomedical and medical office uses) will be built atop the garage and is scheduled to deliver in early 2024.
With the unmet needs of TAM's undergraduate and graduate students at the Texas Medical Center top-of-mind, Medistar's total 1.9 million square foot development program creates a unique destination campus that offers a mix of highly demanded, complementary uses to include:
LIFE TOWER: STUDENT HOUSING, 19 STORIES
- Student Housing Units: 483
- Student Housing Beds: 714
- Mix of Units includes Studio, 1x1, 2x2 and 4x4 configurations
- Retail: 6,000 square feet at grade
HORIZON TOWER: LIFE SCIENCES, BIOMEDICAL and MEDICAL, 17 STORIES (above garage)
- Class A Medical, Clinical and Biomedical Offices: 485,000 square feet
STRUCTURED PARKING, 13 LEVELS
- Capacity: 2,800 vehicles
- Activated Retail / Restaurants / Shops at Grade Level
- Approximately 8,000 square feet of generously landscaped open-air green space
- Highlights include decking, shading elements, water features and open-air pavilion
For more information, please see the Texas A&M University System's press release at https://today.tamu.edu/2020/02/20/texas-am-system-invests-half-billion-dollars-in-texas-medical-center/ and contact Craig Laher at claher@MedistarCorp.com For Horizon Tower leasing information, please contact Tim Gregory, SVP at JLL: email@example.com
Innovation Tower | Texas Medical Center | Houston, TX
On the last available parcel at the Texas Medical Center, Medistar is developing Innovation Tower, an iconic 50-story Class AA tower that will be adjacent and connected to Medistar's recently completed 35-story LATITUDE Med Center apartment tower and 22-story InterContinental Houston - Medical Center hotel.
Further activating this block just North of the strategic intersection of Main Street and Holcombe Boulevard, Innovation Tower is a 1.6 million square foot vertical mixed-use development that features:
- 550,000 square feet of medical, clinical, biomedical and corporate office, dry lab, tech and collaborative space
- Generous, efficient and adaptable 34,000 square foot floor plates
- 410 luxury apartments with unobstructed views in all directions
- Oversized parking garage with 2,000 stalls
- Destination conference, dining, retail and lifestyle amenities throughout
- Skybridge connection to InterContinental Houston - Medical Center hotel at Grand Ballroom level
- Exceptional proximity to the Lonestar Education and Research Network (LEARN) terabit-speed fiber optic line
Central Station Redevelopment | Phoenix, AZ
Medistar was selected by the City of Phoenix via RFP to develop and activate Central Station in downtown Phoenix. The 2.5 acre site is immediately south of Civic Space Park and adjacent to the growing ASU - Downtown Phoenix Campus. Located in a designated Opportunity Zone at North Central and Van Buren, Central Station will continue its core function as the primary light rail and bus transit hub for approximately
2 million passengers annually.
Scheduled to break ground in Early 2021, Medistar's approximately
1 million square foot transit-oriented development program for Central Station provides a mix of highly demanded, complementary uses that include:
EAST TOWER, 37 STORIES
- Apartments: 25 floors with 321units comprising 242,850 rentable square feet
- Hotel: 8 floors of hotel suites (152 keys)
- Office: 48,000 rentable square feet on two floors (podium level above retail)
- Retail: 24,300 rentable square feet at street-level
WEST TOWER, 19 STORIES
- Student Housing: 18 stories above Retail/Transit uses with 252 Units / 612 beds, comprising 225,090 rentable square feet
- Retail: 6,200 rentable square feet at street-level
- Transit Office: 9,100 rentable square feet at street-level
- Rooftop Amenity Space: Partial 20th floor with 3,620 rentable square feet
- Two-level Parking Garage providing approximately 430 spaces in approximately 203,244 gross square feet
For more information, contact Mark Sepulveda at msepulveda@MedistarCorp.com or 713.266.8990
Medical Behavioral Hospital of Clear Lake | Houston, TX
Medistar is developing Medical Behavioral Hospital of Clear Lake, which will be operated by NeuroPsychiatric Hospitals (“NPH”). At full operation, the 92-bed hospital is projected to have up to 200 employees and approximately 18 providers in psychiatry, internal medicine and neurology.
“I am excited to announce we are expanding our Medical/Neuropsychiatric services to this new hospital in the growing Clear Lake Area of Houston, Texas. Focusing on patient needs and our hospital system’s clinical strengths have been the driving factors for this expansion”, said NPH’s Founder and Chairman, Cameron Gilbert, PhD.
Located at 16850 Buccaneer Lane in Houston, the hospital is now in construction and scheduled to open in 4Q2020. This will be NPH’s sixth hospital and among only a select number of hospitals nationwide that focus on treating patients with psychiatric issues who also suffer with complex medical and/or neurological conditions.
The Fountains Apartments | Houston, TX
In February 2020, Medistar broke ground on The Fountains Apartments in a primary growth corridor of the Texas Medical Center (“TMC”) area of Houston, Texas.
Scheduled to deliver in late 2021, The Fountains will offer studio, one- and two-bedroom units ranging from 509 SF to 1,161 SF. Residents will enjoy choices from among of 15 floor plans with condominium-quality finishes, fixtures and appointments, complemented by inviting landscaping, secured access and generous parking across the 6.25 acre site.
Strategically positioned between Almeda and SH288 at the intersection of Alice and Ardmore, this four-story, 326-unit garden apartment will provide an exceptional mix of ideal location, modern amenities, value and lifestyle. Residents will also enjoy exceptional access to two of Houston’s largest employment nodes: the Texas Medical Center and Houston’s Central Business District.
The Fountains also is proximate to many of Houston’s premier urban destinations, including Rice University, the main campus of the University of Houston, Houston’s famed Museum District, Hermann Park and the Houston Zoo. Also nearby is the NRG Complex: home to the NFL Houston Texans football team, the world-renowned Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, major concerts, industry conferences, shows, and special events throughout the year.